Fingerstyle and Walking Bass Lines
We began with a goal of bringing a mixture of classic and contemporary jazz and blues to our audience while playing homageto our favorite performers and perfecting their musical character.
Richard Medel is a guitarist from Chicago, Ill. Had a varied performing career that has included stints in Canada, US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and the continental US having played along with many well know stars. Accomplishments:
1. Received a full scholarship in classical guitar from the Sherwood
Conservatory of Music in Chicago (now a part of Columbia
2. As a freshman was asked to join the Sherwood Conservatory
faculty as an adjunct professor of Jazz Guitar where I
continued to teach for 8 1/2 years.
3. Held 1st chair guitarist for the prominent Chicago Latin Jazz
4. Studio guitarist at Paramount Studios Chicago having played on
many jingles including McDonald's and KFC.
5. Toured extensively throughout the continental US, Puerto Rico,
US Virgin Islands and Canada. Performed many stints with well
6. Studied classical guitar under the late great Richard Pick, DePaul
University Professor, Chicago, Ill.
7. Currently writing two Jazz guitar concept books:
A. Fingerstyle for Developing right hand technique. For
players wanting to develop walking bass line playing
technique for any style.
B. Non-Standard Grips: Compilation of fingerings for
Scales, Chords, Arpeggios and Hybrid picking using Jazz
Melodic Scales for Jazz Improvisation.
Spain (Chick Corea) Live soundtrack
From Chick Corea's Light as a Feather. Brad Keller plays a great piano solo on this recording. I hope you enjoy it.
Classic Jazz Fusion
Jazz Tribute Band
Breezin Live at The Palm Beach Marriott
Got A Match (Chick Corea) Live Soundtrack
We give this technically tricky tune a whimsical interpretation.
Classical Guitar Style
Affirmation (George Benson) Live NO VIDEO
We've given this George Benson classic our own touch. Brad Keller plays a great solo on piano.